[TYPO3-english] Fork of Typo3 ?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Feb 20 20:45:39 CET 2009

Hi.

On 20.02.2009 19:29 Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> It is already clear. No need to be more clear...

I think he simply didn't get the idea of GPL, commons and copyright.

Konstantin, I guess you have worked hard and tried your best.
Now take a breath and read a bit about commons, maybe something by
Lawrence Lessig or Richard Stallmann, which I personally like very much.
Have a look at their idea of copyright and property. Then think about
why we all contribute our knowledge, our time and creativity to TYPO3
and share it with others. Why we don't claim to be "owner", thus making
our living with TYPO3 - without owning and without controlling it. GPL
and free software is also about fairness in a maybe unfair world and it
has also proven to be stable in an economic driven world. We all
collaborate in a project to make our own profit. And we do that by
sharing things, which allows others to profit, too.
There's no need to refactor TYPO3 on your own for the sake of "owning"
and licensing. It's much more efficient to spend your efforts for TYPO3
and contribute to this great project. You and the community could
benefit much more.

I hope that was not too pathetic. :)=

--
cheers,