[TYPO3-english] jdGallery/rgsmoothgallery trying to use external lightbox opener

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Fri Feb 20 17:07:03 CET 2009

Hi list,

i just try to modify rgsmoothgaller/jdgallery to add the possibility to
open the lightbox not only by clickin into the slideshow but also by
clicking any other <a>-Tag.

The <a>-Tag in the slideshow which normally opens the lightbox looks
like this: <a class="open"
href="http://www.yoursite.de/typo3temp/pics/cea046b4a9.jpg"
title="Enlarge" />
And its href changes everytime a new image slides in. My idea was to
assign that href to the external <a>-tag at the same time.

So I introduced 2 new options to jdGallery:

this.setOptions({
   // .. all the others
   externalLightboxOpener_enable: false,
   externalLightboxOpener_elementId: '',
   // .. some more
}, options);

The second option will take the ID of the <a>-Tag that will get the
lightbox functionality.

Ok, but I don't find the right spot in the jdgallery source where the
"regular" <a>-tag is modified.

Would you please help me?

I use rgsmoothgallery 1.5.0 which uses JonDesign's SmoothGallery v1.2
(including some minor changes by Georg)

Thank you