[TYPO3-english] Do I still need kb_md5fepw with TYPO3 4.2.6?

Christopher christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Fri Feb 20 01:22:19 CET 2009

Hi Francois,

"Francois Suter" <fsuter at cobweb.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1235073815.29844.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...

>> - Does the extension (if needed) also work with felogin?
>
> Yes.

thanks for answering all(!) of my questions first of all!

With your answers: kb_md5fepw seems to be at least a good choice for me.

One more thing:
I now also had the time to have a look at t3sec_saltedpw which additionally
uses a salt (which should be even more secure).
Here is a link to the manual:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/t3sec_saltedpw/0.2.4/view/1/2/
In this manual you will find that the extension always sends the passwords
to the server in clear text.

Does kb_md5fepw do the same?

Will this be a security risk?

So the final question is: Which of these two extensions would be the better
choice?

Kind regards

Christopher