[TYPO3-english] mm_forum indexed_search

Peter Russ "peter,russ" at 4many.net
Wed Feb 18 20:06:33 CET 2009

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Dragan Bocevski
Datum:       18.02.2009 19:57:
> H i all. Has anybody have an experience with searching through mm_forum posts using the standard indexed_search?
>
>  I've set up a proper indexing configuration, and the crawler crawles the pages containing the posts, but indexing does not occur. I suppose, mm_forum has disabled caching.
>
>  I've checked mm_forum's typoscript configuration and I see
> plugin.tx_mmforum_pi1 = USER_INT
>
> I tried to change USER_INT to USER, but mm_forum starts to act weird, i.e. doesn't follow links as it should.
>

>  So my question is .. Is there a way to search through the mm_forum posts using standard indexed_search?
>
> I'm aware that mm_forum has it's own search, but unfortunatelly, it doesn't search through the forum attachments.
>
> Thanks,
> Dragan

If the developer doesn't offer that you have to hack the code as in PHP
caching will be disabled. There are techniques available to allow
caching (exp tt_news -> chash). But it should be implemented by default
from the developer. So perhaps he is willing to do that if you 're
sponsoring.

Regs. Peter

--
Fiat lux!