[TYPO3-english] Upgrading

Simon Nute snute2008 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:17:42 CET 2009

Hi all, I have had a look at the posts already regarding updating but I
am a little lost.

I built a typo3 website for my company about 5 years ago.  The site is
still running but needs a complete overhaul and update.  I am still
running version 3.6.0

I tried upgrading straight to 4.2.6 but had problems with that.

What would be the groups advise - just leave the site alone and install
a new install of typo and construct the site or try to upgrade.

Also, I am using various extensions like tt_news that does not seem to
be supported on the newer versions.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Simon