[TYPO3-english] A way to authenticate Typo3-Users/Admins via SSH

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Feb 18 14:07:33 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry

Dmitry Dulepov:
  > My head starts to smoke ;) Even if this all is possible, is it worth
doing? I afraid it will be too complex to be stable.

Definite NO ;) He just wanted to know if it's possible...

But i don't know how easy to use is the existing ldap, if the extensions
work, an stunnel to another machine is the easiest and best way to secure.

Especially for extracting db to another server it's a good Way. You only
allow local connections to database server. Webservers will have
stunnel. Best case I think. No loss of performance. Transparent. Since
TYPO3 / mysql-client even don't get to know about it (if your tunnel is
on same port).

Steffen