[TYPO3-english] A way to authenticate Typo3-Users/Admins via SSH

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Feb 18 13:08:41 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Sebastian Schnur wrote:
>> is there any way to authenticate Typo3-Users and Admins via SSH? Maybe
>> SSH and LDAP.
>> I know, that the Users/Admins are stored in a MySQL-Table.
>
> How are you going to create your browser's cookie using ssh? :)

I think he meant an authservice communicating over ssh with ldap.

Well this is possible... With restrictions I think.
First thing is:
Build an auth service quering your LOCAL! ldap for auth.
Since Ldap might have all information the be_user table grants you will
have to state "dummy users" for each group you wanna provide.
And then use your auth_service to merge the (configured) dummy-user to
the user information from ldap. You might even cache such created
records in a db table.
There are already some ldap auth services:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/?tx_terfe_pi1[view]=search&no_cache=1&tx_terfe_pi1[sword]=ldap
Probably you might find what your are searching for, but i think it
would be easy to build up on this, if you have special needs.

Second step would be, "killing" the local ldap, building an stunnel  for
ldap. So that your typo3 thinks communicating with local ldap, which is
- in behind - working over ssh-tunneling.

So far
hope that matches your task

Steffen