[TYPO3-english] Issue after removing 'fr' part [SOLVED]

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Feb 15 14:20:23 CET 2009

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> I'm posting my solution to help others that may find it useful or get
> ideas out of it.

<skip>

> All my websites are dynamically generated, as such, I already generated a file to be included at the beginning of my realurl_conf.php file in order to specify the rootpage_id of my websites. I now changed it a bit to include the default language of the website:
>
> // file realurl_project.php
> $configHosts = array(
>         'somedomain.domain.tld' => array(
>                 'uid' => 4,
>                 'defaultLanguage' => 'fr',
>         ),
>         'other.domain.tld' => array(
>                 'uid' => 12,
>                 'defaultLanguage' => 'de',
>         ),
> );

(Text below is not meant to be offensive or anything like that. It is a "sorry"-like text)

Well, this is all about asking proper questions :( You should have written what your goals are and let us help you to achieve those goals. Instead you tried making it yourself with some home made solution. When the solution did not work, you asked how to make it working instead of asking how to solve your real goal. This is always a wrong way :( There is much better solution for your case, which you could use and which designed specially for this case (_DOMAINS feature).

Ask proper questions! :) For example: "I want to have different default language for different domains. How do I do that?". Was that your real question?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team