[TYPO3-english] data['media'] and image thumbnails

Sten Gruener sten.gruener at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:31:19 CET 2009

Hello group,

I'm sorry for being a noob. This is my problem, I`d like to have a
micro-gallery extension. My approach is: edit the subtemplate to generate a
TS element and embedd it on the page using tscobj extension.
The template:

includeLibs.test_library = fileadmin/test_library.php
temp.output = USER
temp.output.userFunc = user_test_library_class->test

php.output < temp.output

Now inside of the php file I`d like to access 'media' propery of the page to
read it`s images. $this->cObj->data['media'] was empty because I use
templavoila. I solved it with this hacky mehtod:

$query = "SELECT media FROM pages WHERE uid = " .$this->cObj->data['pid'];
$res = mysql(TYPO3_db,$query);
$row = mysql_fetch_row($res);
return $row[0];

It works, but I wonder if there is a better solution then that.

Second question is how do I access generated thumbnails? Or how do I
generate them? I need some variable width and height.

And the last question, are there already similar extensions with maybe HTML
templates? I actually need smth like this:
http://www.salem-net.de/de/ueber-salem/kollegium/bildgalerie-mitarbeiter-haerlen.html

Thank you,
Sten Gruener