[TYPO3-english] Direct Mail

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 12 11:09:09 CET 2009

Well I use TCDirect mail because I found it easier. I think you do need to
use a new template because many email clients block javascript, external
style sheets and the like. Also Outlook 2007 renders email now with an old
renderer used in an older version of Word. Becuase of this things like float
and css positioning don't work.

You have to really go back to a table based layout and make all styling
inline with font tags and older tag attributes that no one has used for
years because of css.

Here's a link to an MS site about the changes to Outlook 2007 and what it
will mean for HTML newsletters:

And here is a tool to test your HTML and CSS for Outlook
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0B764C08-0F86-431E-8BD5-EF0E9CE26A3A&displaylang=en

Here is some info:

http://www.domainmonster.com/editorials/outlook_2007_html/

How to Code HTML Email Newsletters
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/code-html-email-newsletters/

CSS support in HTML emails of Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail and Gmail
http://www.yeyan.cn/WebDesign/CSSHTMLEmail.aspx

I like getting html email, but creating it is a pain I would rather do with
out, it takes much longer to design, you have to check it not just in the
top browsers but in every webmail service in the top browsers (will at least
the top three webmail providers).

-----
--
Stephen Bungert