[TYPO3-english] Direct Mail

Piers temp account admin at piersaitman.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 21:48:31 CET 2009

The 'Html content could not be fetched. Plain text content could not
be fetched' issue solved itself somehow, eventually.

It might just be me, but I think there's no code to include the
attachments in quickmail. Attachments go fine in normal internal page
messages, so I created a very plain template and am going to use that.
I'm sure that the documentation said you could attach files in
quickmail mode. Never mind. Problem solved.

Also, for anyone out there searching for how to configure plain text
messages with Direct Mail and TEMPLAVOILA, good luck.
I did this, using the newer “Direct Mail Plain Text” static template:

1. Create a new basic TO and map it to my email DS.
2. Specify it as printer-friendly under the properties (click on
pencil to see)
3. Wrap this code round the main templavoila call in the main site
template setup, so it looks like this:

[globalVar = GP:print > 0]
   tt_content < plugin.tx_directmail_pi1
[end]

#DEFAULT PAGE OBJECT
page=PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main

[globalVar = GP:print > 0]
    config.disableAllHeaderCode = 1
  [end]

4. In the email template DS, change this sort of line: 10.wrap = <!--
TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> | <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->
to this: 10.wrap =  |
(the plaintext machine doesn't strip these out by itself)

5. In Direct Mail, change the Configuration module, plain text
parameters to &print=1

6. Bingo. I don't know what happens if you use subscription /
unsubscribe parts, as I had had enough by then. (My users can
unsubscribe in a different way)

I hope this is of use to someone.