[TYPO3-english] TS and menu

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sat Feb 7 00:27:03 CET 2009

Marco Couperus pisze:

> Here is my template record TS:
>
> page = PAGE
> page.typeNum = 0
> page.10 = USER
> page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page
>
> mainmenu = HMENU
> mainmenu.entrylevel = 1
> mainmenu.1 = TMENU
> mainmenu.1 = {
>     special = directory
>     special.value = 12
>     ACT  = 1
> }

Is that all? So how do you copy your 'maintemplate' into 'page' cObject?
Order of the declarations also looks wrong...

First, you have to know, that sysFolder IS NOT a FE (front-end)
dedicated resource, it's used to storage records from certain tables
(i.e. feusers, tt_news etc.) It CAN'T be rendered in FE so starting the
menu at sysFolder position will ALWAYS return false...

There're tens of possibilities for your task, describe please what are
you going to fetch (why did you decide to use sysFolder as your
placeholder for menu items? I believe that there are better options)

You can use i.e. HMENU with 'special = list' instead or change your
PageTree structure, or.... and so on and on... We don't know your real
intentions, but (I - personally) really believe, that you went to far ;)

On the other hand ... TemplaVoila!... it's a great but also advanced
'toy', if you're (as you wrote) newbie, you should start with Modern
Template Building (MTB - which I prefer - don't know TV! at all) model
to get better understand of TypoScript OR/AND read more of TSref. (but
it's my humble opinion)

So, write more about your intentions and existing PageTree structure.

Greets.

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)