[TYPO3-english] RTE will not load in flexform

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 6 17:42:11 CET 2009

I'm trying to turn a textarea into a rte. The docs say all you need do is
this:

<custChars>
	<TCEforms>

<label>LLL:EXT:ynn_ttnews/locallang_flexform.xml:extraContent.custChars</label>
		<defaultExtras>richtext[*]:rte_transform[mode=ts_css]</defaultExtras>
		<config>
			<type>text</type>
			<cols>30</cols>
			<rows>5</rows>
			<default></default>
		</config>
	</TCEforms>
</custChars>

This sort of works. The textarea is replaced by an empty space about the
size of an rte, but all I see is the following with no explination about
what has gone wrong:

"The editor is being loaded. Please wait..."

Why does it not start? What exactly is 'mode=ts_css' for? I can't seem to
find much about it the docs just say the above should work, but don't go in
to any more detail.

Any help would be appreciated.

-----
--