[TYPO3-english] RealURL breaks page types - unless I have a shortcut

Bob bitsandbob at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 5 01:33:57 CET 2009

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply.

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> And how your URLs look like with RealURL?

I was thinking my URLs looked fine with RealURL, e.g.
http://mysite.com/about/about-our-name.html and
http://mysite.com/about/about-our-name.html?type=98, but in retrospect,
I realise that they ought to be more like
http://mysite.com/about/about-our-name/index.html
http://mysite.com/about/about-our-name/print.html so they weren't
working as well as I'd initially thought.

> Did you configure type as a preVar in the configuration?

I used CBRealURL to configure RealURL. It mentions types, so I would
have thought it was handled, e.g.

     , 'fileName' => array (
         'index' => array(
             'index.html' => array(
                 'keyValues' => array(
                 'type' => 0,
             )
         )
         , 'print.html' => array(
             'keyValues' => array(
                 'type' => 98,
             )
         )

But given the URLs above, I'm now thinking this isn't working.

The preVars bit reads as follows:

     'preVars' => array(
         array(
             'GETvar' => 'no_cache'
             , 'valueMap' => array(
                 'nc' => 1
             )
             , 'noMatch' => 'bypass'
         )
         , array(
         'GETvar' => 'L',
         'valueMap' => array(
             'en' => '0',
             'uk' => '6',
         ),
         'noMatch' => 'bypass',
     ),

I tried adding type as a preVar (based on how L works) but it didn't
make any difference...

         array(
             GETvar' => 'type',
             valueMap' => array(
                 'low' => '2',
             ),
             'noMatch' => 'bypass',
         )

But I'm a bit out of my depth now. I used CBRealURL as the RealURL
configuration guide looked a bit scary!

The whole file (typo3conf/ext/cbrealurl/realurl.php) is probably a bit
long to post here, but it's available at
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5er4m8

Still seems odd that it works for the section with a shortcut but not
any others...

Thanks,

Bob