[TYPO3-english] mnogosearch: overriding Mime setting in cli

Claudio Strizzolo claudio.strizzolo at ts.nogarb.ageinfn.it
Wed Feb 4 14:45:47 CET 2009

Hi all
I need the mnogosearch crawling process to process pdf documents with a
Latin1 encoding. I run the command line interface as follows:

$ /usr/bin/php -q typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh mnogosearch -v 3 -w

By looking at the cli_mnogosearch.php script, I found the following line:

  Mime application/pdf text/plain "pdftotext -enc UTF-8 $1 -"

I guess this forces pdftotext to use UTF-8 encoding. By changing that line

  Mime application/pdf text/plain "pdftotext -enc Latin1 $1 -"

I get the desired result, but of course this is an unelegant solution that
I'd like to avoid: I don't want to hardcode that in the extension code.
I tried by putting the above line into a text file, that I defined in the
IncludeFile field of the mnogosearch configuration through the Ext
Manager, but that didn't work: the encoding used by pdftotext looks like
UTF-8, not Latin1.
Any hints?
Thanks in advance

Claudio