[TYPO3-english] Special requitements for graphical headline

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Mon Feb 2 13:15:32 CET 2009

(Crosspost: I already postet my problem in German at
http://www.typo3.net/forum/list/list_post//86288/)

Hey list,

i'm currently working on a graphical headline with special requirements.

It has to contain the page title - no problem so far.
But: The first letter of each word has to be rendered with another font
than the rest.

I tried the following TS setup:

    1.      lib.headline = COA
    2.      lib.headline{
    3.        10 = TEXT
    4.        10{
    5.          data = page:title
    6.          wrap = <h1>|</h1>
    7.        }
    8.        20 = IMAGE
    9.        20{
   10.          file = GIFBUILDER
   11.          file{
   12.            backColor = #FFFFFF
   13.            XY = [10.w]+[20.w]+30,60
   14.            10 = TEXT
   15.            10{
   16.              offset = 0,30
   17.              fontSize = 18
   18.              fontFile = fileadmin/fonts/georgia.ttf
   19.              fontColor = #cccc33
   20.              text.data = page:title
   21.              #text.case = upper
   22.              splitRendering{
   23.                10 = charRange
   24.                10{
   25.                  value = 65-96
   26.                  fontSize = 30
   27.                  fontFile = fileadmin/fonts/fscript.ttf
   28.                }
   29.              }
   30.            }
   31.          }
   32.        }
   33.      }

I assumed that the first letter of each Word is uppercase (this
simplification is ok for this project). I used splitRendering to set
another font to the char codes 65-96 (uppercase letters).

This worked out so far, but now i recognized that in the End ALL Letters
should be rendered uppercase (the first one in Fscript the others in
Georgia), and when i activate the line "text.case = upper" ALL letters
are rendered in Fscript.

Is there any way to uppercase the string AFTER splitRendering? If
splitRendering does not fit my needs what should i try next?

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian Gebhard