[TYPO3-english] realURL with multisite

luca mingusthecat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:27:15 CET 2009

Hallo,

I've a multisite t3 setup running under the same installation such as:

site1 (id=1)   [www.domainname1.com]
  |_page1 (id=2)
  |_page2 (id=3)
  |_...
site2 (id=4)   [www.domainname2.com]
  |_page1 (id=5)
  |_page2 (id=6)
  |_...
site3 (id=7)   [www.domainname3.com]
  |_page1 (id=8)
  |_page2 (id=9)
  |_...

Now my goal is to install realURL and have

from:  www.domainname1.com/index.php?id=1
to:    www.domainname1.com
..and
from:  www.domainname1.com/index.php?id=4
to:    www.domainname2.com
..and
from:  www.domainname1.com/index.php?id=7
to:    www.domainname3.com

No problem with realURL in a regular mono site...
I've installed and everything works just fine.
...but everything shows the same domain name ...www.domainname1.com

The confusion starts when I try to manipulate the domain name and have
this changed to the relative domainnameX

I have read the following Dmitry tutorial

http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/realurl_made_easy_part_2/

but has not worked for and it even removed my pagesname from the url
going back to a URL like: www.domainname1.com/id/  configuration

I have set the TS Setup of each treebrench all the same like:

------
config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0
config.baseURL = http://www.domainname1.com
config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
config.linkVars = L
config.defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev = 1
-------

my realurlconf.php looks like

<?php

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
         'init' => array(
             'enableCHashCache' => 1,
             'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
             'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 1,
             'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 1,
             'respectSimulateStaticURLs' => 0,
             'postVarSet_failureMode'=>'redirect_goodUpperDir',
         ),
     'redirects_regex' => array (

     ),
     'preVars' => array(
                         array(
                                 'GETvar' => 'no_cache',
                                 'valueMap' => array(
                                     'no_cache' => 1,
                                 ),
                                 'noMatch' => 'bypass',
                         ),
                          array(
                              'GETvar' => 'L',
                              'valueMap' => array(
                                                 'en' => '1',
                                         ),
                                 'noMatch' => 'bypass',
                         ),
                 ),
      'pagePath' => array(
             'type' => 'user',
             'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
             'spaceCharacter' => '-',
             'languageGetVar' => 'L',
             'expireDays' => 7,
             'rootpage_id' => 1,
         ),

       'postVarSets' => array(
             '_DEFAULT' => array(
                 // news archive parameters
                 'archive' => array(
                     array(
                         'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[year]' ,
                         ),
                     array(
                         'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[month]' ,
                             'valueMap' => array(
                             'january' => '01',
                             'february' => '02',
                             'march' => '03',
                             'april' => '04',
                             'may' => '05',
                             'june' => '06',
                             'july' => '07',
                             'august' => '08',
                             'september' => '09',
                             'october' => '10',
                             'november' => '11',
                             'december' => '12',
                             )
                         ),
                     ),
                 // news pagebrowser
                 'browse' => array(
                     array(
                         'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[pointer]',
                         ),
                     ),
                 // news categories
                 'select_category' => array (
                     array(
                         'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[cat]',
                         ),
                     ),
                 // news articles and searchwords
                 'article' => array(
                     array(
                         'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[tt_news]',
                         'lookUpTable' => array(
                             'table' => 'tt_news',
                             'id_field' => 'uid',
                             'alias_field' => 'title',
                             'addWhereClause' => ' AND NOT deleted',
                             'useUniqueCache' => 1,
                             'useUniqueCache_conf' => array(
                                 'strtolower' => 1,
                                 'spaceCharacter' => '-',
                                 ),
                             ),
                         ),
                     array(
                         'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[swords]',
                         ),
                     ),
                 ),
             ),

       'fileName' => array(
             'defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev'=>1,
             'index' => array(
                 'rss.xml' => array(
                     'keyValues' => array(
                         'type' => 100,
                     ),
                 ),
                 'rss091.xml' => array(
                     'keyValues' => array(
                         'type' => 101,
                     ),
                 ),
                 'rdf.xml' => array(
                     'keyValues' => array(
                         'type' => 102,
                     ),
                 ),
                 'atom.xml' => array(
                     'keyValues' => array(
                         'type' => 103,
                     ),
                 ),
             ),
         ),
  );

/*****************************************/
/****this come from dmitry tutorial******/

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl'] = array(
     'www.domainname1.com' => $tx_realurl_config,
     'domainname1.com' => 'www.domainname1.com',
     'www.domainname2.tld' => $tx_realurl_config,
     'domainname1.com' => 'www.domainname1.com',
);

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.domainname1.com']['pagePath']['rootpage_id']
= 1;
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.domainname2.com']['pagePath']['rootpage_id']
= 4;

unset($tx_realurl_config);

?>

Last things that I have done is to put a .htaccess 301 redirect in the
www.domainname2.com to www.domainname1.com/index.php?id=4

Where I get confuse is:
- how the domain record should used in this context?

Does anybody have an idea how to get to my url config?

Thank you for your help

Luca