[TYPO3-english] correct 404 handling

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Thu Dec 31 14:43:45 CET 2009

Hi Gabor,

You do not need to use EXT:error_404_handling in order to achieve this.

Instead use the following configuration in your typo3conf/localconf.php:

/**
  * 404 error handling
  */
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['curlUse'] = 1;
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling'] =
http://www.domain.com/index.php?id=[your 404 page ID]';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling_statheader'] = 'HTTP/1.x
404 Not Found';

HTH,

Oliver

--