[TYPO3-english] extbase / fluid - date question

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 30 17:39:35 CET 2009

S.Korth wrote:
> i just test the example blog ext. to start with extbase and fluid.
> After changing alot of thing and playing around some time i get at least
> one problem.

It's best to post extbase and fluid questions in typo3.projects.typo3v4mvc
Your questions are also read (and often answered) by the authors of
those extensions.

> In my Template i use a form and i want to add a date field:

> <f:form.textbox property="dateFrom" /><br />
>
> Thats all so far. I can input a date and save it. Everything is fine.
> But i can't display the value ?!? I can display the value like this
> <f:format.date>{news.dateFrom}</f:format.date>, but i need also the
> value inside the textbox.
>
> Anyone knows how ?

AFAIK you need two templates. To create new records you can use a form
tag such as:
	<f:form method="post" controller="Contact" action="create"
name="newContact" object="{newContact}" arguments="{contact : contact}">
and for the edit template a form tag similar to:
	<f:form method="post" controller="Contact" action="update"
name="contact" object="{contact}" arguments="{contact : contact}" >

The input field tags are similar in both templates, but extbase/fluid
will add the current value to the edit template fields.

Regards, Jigal.