[TYPO3-english] file secure access

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Dec 29 13:57:19 CET 2009

Roberto Torresani schrieb:

> If I try to open a file from backend I receive an access error (as
> configured in htaccess)
> There is possibility to set in backend a secure access as in frontend? So
> the backend user have always access to the files stored?

A solution would be to use Apache htaccess username/passwords.
As soon as a BE user would try to access one of those secured files
directly (without a php-wrapper) he would get one of those well known
browers login-boxes.

Another solution could be you give access to the files only to specific IPs
if the network setup of your customer allows this: meaning your customer
only accesses TYPO3 from within his company network and has a static IP.

It is not really (easy) possible to check the TYPO3 cookies from within an
htaccess.

greets,
Bernhard