[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 on PostgreSQL

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Dec 23 12:05:14 CET 2009

> Thank you both for your tests ;-)
>
> My client persists on using PostgreSQL as database despite I've seen not
> every extension supports DBAL.

This is why DBAL exist :-)

Extension's support has been improved with TYPO3 4.3.
As long as extensions are properly written, this should work in many
cases. When not, please activate debug mode of DBAL* and go to DBAL
backend module to see the error. You will then probably see some "Parse
error" and you should report it to the DBAL bugtracker.

According to what is needed to fix the bug, the fix will either go to
TYPO3 4.3.x or wait for 4.4.

* You should not activate it unless you want to debug something as there
is some side-effect having it on.

> Anyway, compare tool shows TRUNCATE on every table, not only on cache
> tables :-(

Weird!

--
Xavier Perseguers