[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 on PostgreSQL

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Dec 22 23:14:53 CET 2009

Sergio,

> I use dummy and source package and tried the 1-2-3 method that does a
> database dump. Even without using this method and doing a COMPARE on the
> install tool, the first time it creates tables but when it is reloaded
> it uses a truncate (¿?¿?)...

I started setting up an environment for PostgreSQL (which I did not have yet). It will take a bit time as previously announced since Christmas is coming and I've tons of things to do ;-)

I'm going to create same kind of tutorial as for Oracle (which will eventually find its way to the extension's documentation) and will see how it's working. I'm a bit astonished that it does not work
for you as I was said that DBAL worked on PostgreSQL too.

Compare tool shows truncate operations but only on cache tables.

Anyway, I'll see (soon I hope) what's going on and report here about the progress.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en