[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 on PostgreSQL

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Dec 22 16:47:53 CET 2009

Hi,

> I saw your link (and other manuals) but I don't see anything I haven't
> done with PostgreSQL. I tried to install TYPO3 on PostgreSQL from
> scratch but I didn't succeed. When I import database tables, the next
> error is displayed:
>
> ERROR: Query could not be parsed: "SQL engine parse ERROR: "" is not a
> keyword: near "TRUNCATE TABLE be_groups "". Query: "TRUNCATE TABLE
> be_groups;"

Well, it seems you used some quickstarter website which comes with a
database dump, isn't it? Because if you started from scratch should not
need any TRUNCATE TABLE.

DBAL was tested and is known to work *only* with Compare Tables which
will never propose a TRUNCATE on table be_groups. Import of an existing
(MySQL) dump would be nice but is not yet supported.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers