[TYPO3-english] "Check for extension update" doesn't always work

Jörg Schaller jorgosch at terra.es
Sun Dec 20 13:55:54 CET 2009

Hello list,

running Typo3 4.3 here. I've noticed that the extension update check
will not notify me of updated extensions for such extensions that have
misordered version information.

Example include DAM or meta_feedit: the latest version is somewhere in
the middle of the version list, and at the bottom is an older version
which Typo3 seemingly uses for comparison.

At the moment I do a manual comparison to check for updates. What can
be done to fix this?

Cheers,
Jörg