[TYPO3-english] Mnogosearch, how to get rid of directory indexing showing in search results?

Yomo Guiamo yomo.diplur at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:37:37 CET 2009

Hi,

To enable searching and indexing of my PDF and TEXT files, I entered the
following Apache configuration in my Virtual Host:

<Directory /path/to/my/fileadmin/user_upload/>
     Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
     AllowOverride All
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

The upside is that my PDF and TEXT documents can be indexed and found
and they show well in the search results. So far so good.

The downside is that the directory indexing results ("Index of
/fileadmin/user_upload/somedir") pop up in the search results as well.

How do I get rid of them? Do I need to adjust my Apache configuration or
do I need to add a certain TYPO3 indexing rule?

I tried a regular expression like this, but without luck:

Realm \.(pdf|txt)$   Allow  Regular expression

Any help is appreciated.

Yomo Guiamo