[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 User Group South?

Dick Schellens DickS at Cmslaser.com
Wed Dec 16 16:19:16 CET 2009

Hi Virgil,

Okay, that sounds great. I struggled with Typo3 several years ago and
gave up. Then my current employer wanted something would allow us to
"crank out sites"... and I couldn't think of a better CMS. So, I took
the plunge and pushed myself to learn enough to get going. Now, I'm
cranking out sites about 1 per day... but there is A LOT I don't know!!

It's great to know that there are TYPO3ers here in the US!! Also great
to know that I could probably find work in Europe if I want to!

Best,

Dick

-----Original Message-----
From: typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org
[mailto:typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org] On Behalf Of Virgil
Huston
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:19 AM
To: TYPO3 English
Subject: Re: [TYPO3-english] TYPO3 User Group South?

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your response. I know a couple of people in Atlanta that I
will
email directly, otherwise you are the first response. There just aren't
that
many of us in our area, at least that I know of. I'll be in touch if we
can
get a critical mass.
Virgil

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Dick Schellens <DickS at cmslaser.com>
wrote:

> Hi Virgil,
>
> I'm in Orlando and I would be delighted to help you start something.
> Perhaps meetings could "wander" around the southeast US? For starters,
> I'd drive to Atlanta if the boss will let me off!
>
> Dick Schellens
> Dick.schellens at gmail.com

Not
> sure how far we could go to form a group, but maybe Atlanta, Augusta,
> Columbia, SC, and even Charlotte, NC and parts in between and even
> outside
> could work with some remote meetings and a gettogether a couple times
> year. A couple of us tried this back in 2007, but maybe it is time to
> look
> again. I am willing to drive 2 hours to Atlanta or even Charlotte
every
> once
> in a while for a TYPO3 group and if membership is spread out, we could
> alternate or centralize meetings. Any takers? Let's hear from all yall
> in
> the South :-)
>
> Virgil
>
> --
> Virgil Huston
> COO, Acqal Corporation - An Approved TYPO3 Agency for Support,
Training,