[TYPO3-english] Playing video over rtsp

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 16 09:59:11 CET 2009

Pero Matic wrote:
> Hi. Does anybody knows some Typo3 ext. that can play H264 encoded stream via
> rtsp protocol? Thx.

I don't think it's mainly a matter of an extension to play these videos.
  The "problem" is that the browser must have a player to embed in the
page which supports the H.264 codec. H.264 streams seems to be offered
mostly as MP4 videos.
QuickTime seems to support H.264 out of the box, other players such as
Windows Media Player need the appropriate codec to support it.

You could simply add the HTML for a QuickTime player in your site and
require your visitors to have QuickTime installed, or leave instructions
on how to get and install the appropriate codec.

I haven't tested how the new Media Content Element in 4.3 handles mp4
videos and if it has some client site detection mechanism to see which
player(s) is/are installed in the browser.

Regards, Jigal.