[TYPO3-english] Magento - Typo3

Simon Browning simon at stwdesign.com
Tue Dec 15 16:51:50 CET 2009

Michael Türk wrote:
> Honestly, you can not really compare those products in points of
> functionality, flexibility and architecture. You are right, Magento is
> far more complex and harder to install, configure and do the templating,
> but you get lots of more stuff out of that system than any other around.
>
> Additionally, running both, TYPO3 and Magento, on one server is not much
> harder than running one. With a few optimizations on the server you can
> easily run quite a lot of instances of Magento, TYPO3 and TypoGento
> within one server environment (it depends more or less on the expected
> user numbers).
>
> Greetings from Karlsruhe
> Michael
>
> On 2009-05-06 04:12:51 +0200, Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de> said:
>
>> Hi Rick and Georg
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Georg Ringer <mail-spam at ringerge.org>
>> wrote:

>>> it is the only real open source ecommerce product
>>

>> Sorry Georg, but it is not I guess!
>>
>> There is also Presta Shop which is 100% OpenSource and free. OSL v. 3.
>> But
>> the biggest benefit in Presta Shop is its size 6MB  - it is very fast and
>> lightwight and you don't need those huge server specs like you would need
>> running Magento and TYPO3 on one server. Check it out! The Presta Shop
>> community is growing more and more and quite fast since Magento
>> introduced
>> their Business Modell with the very Expensive Enterprise Edition.
>>
>> A similar commercial Model has also the German Oxid Shop - the Oxid
>> Shop is
>> also OpenSource! http://www.oxid-esales.com/ . The community edition is
>> released under GPL v3. Oxid has just been rewarded with the first
>> price on
>> the OSBA in Nuernberg - http://www.osbf.de/en/node/1466

>>> hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha
>>> hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha
>>>
>>> it is like you would compare dreamwever to TYPO3, at least with
>>> tt_products.

After that long change of responses, was the original question ever
addressed?  That is getting the "TYPOGENTOSOAP API Error: Access denied"
in the backend of TYPO3 when using the plugin.

It used to work fine for us but then just stopped one day.  It may be
related to a php upgrade, not sure though.

Thanks.

Simon