[TYPO3-english] How to make TMENU item on shortcut page grab metadata from the page it refers to

Martin Bernt Rud martin.b.rud at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:25:54 CET 2009

Hi list,

I have a HMENU which contains menu items that are shortcuts. In the menu
link titles are taken from the abstract field.

My link title on shortcuts items is taken from the shortcut page itself.
That means that editors must remember to set the abstract on _both_ the
shortcut page _and_ the page that the shortcut refers to. This situation
makes mistakes very likely to happen due to redundant data: When an editor
updates the abstract on the content page the editor will some day forget to
update the shortcut item too. And the the mouseover on the shortcut in the
menu will show an outdated link title.

I would like to avoid this risk: Can I somehow set the Typoscript so the
shortcut get link title from the PID that it refers to?

Regards,
Martin Rud