[TYPO3-english] EXT:piwikintegration

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun Dec 13 14:21:43 CET 2009

Hello Steffen,

One tip:
http://piwik.org/docs/setup-auto-archiving/
to get a better performance

> It would be great, if the path to piwik could be configured in EM.

please put it in the bugtracker on forge
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-piwikintegration/issues

Please explain exactly for what you need that feature.
For the current idea of a piwik integration that doesn't make sense.
As there are requirements like:
  * TYPO3 Access to the database
  * known Table prefixes for TYPO3
  * user sync -> (table access)
  * siteid sync -> (table access)
  * fe widgets -> (table access)
  * planned myDashboard integration -> (table access)
  * modifications to the piwik menu (need path to be writeable)

> I think I'll try it in a test installation again without using our
> live-piwik-version.

please do it - and send me some feedback please.

>> There is currently a known problem:
>> siteid's are only created, when a user visits the be module. This will
>> be fixed soon.
> What does this mean? Stats are count for the wrong site, if user never
> visited BE module?

As i now piwik should ignore the tracking request only. But i haven't
tested it yet. I will put the fix to svn this week, it's not so hard to
fix - (Just two sql requests). But it should be done only if cache is empty.

Best regards

Kay