[TYPO3-english] new media content element and youtube link format

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sat Dec 12 00:41:23 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Krystian Szymukowicz schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> it also work with
>>> http://www.youtube.com/v/mnBnwx5Qr5A&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&
>>>
>>> where is the problem?
>>
>> "Also work with"?
>> You mean that both of them works?
>>
>> For me only http://www.youtube.com/v/mnBnwx5Qr5A&hl=pl_PL&fs=1& works
>> and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnBnwx5Qr5A does not work.
>>
>> -
>
> yes, this is obvious, as watch? is not the reference to the movie but to
> the page with embedded player.
> Any url like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnBnwx5Qr5A works because its the
> reference to the video.

Right. You know this and I know this but do we need to explain that to
the poor end user that want just to display the youtube movie?

The url that works (http://www.youtube.com/v/mnBnwx5Qr5A) is not
available without manually cut this from long html embeded code.

For end user the easiest way is just to insert the url with "watch?"
which he can copy from browser address bar or just copy from URL field
next to movie.

This is all I want to say: let it be as usable for end user as it can be.

--
grtz
Krystian