[TYPO3-english] tt_news template selection (box) question

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Thu Dec 3 00:50:43 CET 2009

I'm posting this again.  I just upgraded to tt_news 3.0.1 and everything works fine however the behaviour I note below didn't change.  To me that suggests there's a setting in typo3 I'm missing.   or?

Please try and help me understand something.

older version of tt_news use to present the template select box as seen here:
http://www.lafarge.net/old.png

at some point (probably around mid-2008?) the new template selection box began to be presented like this:
http://www.lafarge.net/new.png

The biggest difference (that I am aware of) is that the former selection box made a copy of your template and thus you'd have to reselect it (the template) if you updated the original template. The latter did not behave this way. The latter is ideal in my assessment.

Well, with my latest install of tt_news (2.5.2 [now 3.0.1]) and typo3 (4.2.10) the former selection box has returned.
What's odd is other installations of t3 with the same tt_news/t3 version present the latter selection box.

What did I do wrong (figure this has to be me)?

thanks in advance,
doug