[TYPO3-english] CLEARING CACHE EXTENSIONS

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Dec 1 10:46:39 CET 2009

Am 01.12.2009, 08:44 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de>:

> *Are the following extensions still needed / useful to be installed for
> the
> cache clearing due to the major changes in core and tt_news*
> *
> *
> *gp_branchcache*
> *cl_becache*
> *cachecleaner*
> *stg_clearcache*
> *
> *
> *If anyone could clearify this would be very helpful. *
> *
> *
> *If none of them is needed anymore - do we need another one to clear the
> cache or is it sufficient to use the core parts*

Your *-key seems to have a defect..

Please read the description of the extensions, what exactly they do.
I can tell for sure that stg_clearcache has still its right to exist,
gp_branchcache seems to do similar things - namely clear the cache of a
branch and not only of a single page or the whole server.

As cachecleaner is a very new extension by a core developer, I doubt that
it has now unnecessary functions.

Steffen