[TYPO3-english] Empty FE group list in content element Access tab

Stefanos Karasavvidis sk at isc.tuc.gr
Tue Dec 1 09:00:15 CET 2009

I managed to solve this issue by accident.

The groups did not show up because the sysfolder of the FE groups was
not readable by the BE group of my editors.

I just needed to give "show page" to "everybody", and my problem was
solved.

Stefanos Karasavvidis

Stefanos Karasavvidis wrote:
> I have the following problem. I have a backend user belonging to a
> backend group. I want this user to be able to set the group access
> rights for content elements (which group may access a content element,
> set in "General Options" of content element).
>
> I am unable to do this. Whatever I tried, the available items are always
> "Hide at login" and "Show at any login". The list below
> "___Usergroups___" is always empty.
>
> I even went to the Access List tab of the group and selected all the
> available options, with no success.
>
> Only if I check the "Admin (!)" checkbox for the user, the usergroups
> are shown.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Stefanos

Stefanos Karasavvidis
Electronic & Computer Engineer, M.Sc.
e-mail : sk at isc.tuc.gr

Technical University of Crete, Campus, Library
Building A1, Office 102
Address: Akrotiri, Chania, 73100
Tel.: (+30) 28210 37508
Fax:  (+30) 28210 37520