[TYPO3-english] Lots of User Data - how to organise FE?

Sigrid Gramlinger sigrid at gramlinger.net
Mon Aug 31 22:20:32 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I am starting a project where about 50-60 people should create an own
account for their user profile. The profiles consist of about 60 new
fields - only string input, text and about 6 linked tables (1:n) to
their profile. It is like an expert database.

My idea is to use the fe_users table. Use feuserlisting for the frontend
presentation and meta_feedit for the frontend editing through the users.
Or should I use sr_feuser_register for the profiles. sr_feuser_register
could be difficult with all the linked tables.

My questions:
1. Is there anybody already solved a similar project? How did you do it?
2. Will I get problems if I add so many fields to the fe_users table?
(version 4.1.10)

Thanks,
Sigrid