[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-UG English] Typoscript date check

René van Densen statusnil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:04:08 CEST 2009

Agreed, I apologise for being unclear. As I said, I'm still new to
Typoscript so I didn't even realise the difference until after trying out
several things.

What I'm trying to do is this:

[globalVar = GP:L=0]
config {
    sys_language_uid = 0
    language = nl
    locale_all = nl_NL
    htmlTag_langKey = nl
}
page.meta {
      Language = nl
      Content-language = nl
}
page.headerData.11 = TEXT
page.headerData.11.value = <meta http-equiv="content-language" content="nl">
# set dutch date & time formats
plugin.tt_news {
  archiveTitleCObject {
    10.strftime = %B - %Y
  }
  getRelatedCObject {
      20.strftime = %d.%m.%Y %H:%M
  }
  displaySingle {

       [date_stdWrap.if.field = 1]
        date_stdWrap.strftime= Maandag, %D
      [weekday_stdWrap.if = 2]
        date_stdWrap.strftime= Dinsdag, %D
      [value.strftime.date-conf.w  = 3]
        date_stdWrap.strftime= Woensdag, %D
      [value.strftime.date-conf.w  = 4]
        date_stdWrap.strftime= Donderdag, %D
      [value.strftime.date-conf.w  = 5]
        date_stdWrap.strftime= Vrijdag, %D
      [value.strftime.date-conf.w  = 6]
        date_stdWrap.strftime= Zaterdag, %D
      [value.strftime.date-conf.w  = 0]
         date_stdWrap.strftime= Zondag, %D
      [value.strftime.date-conf.w  = 7]
         date_stdWrap.strftime= Zondag, %D
     [else]
        date_stdWrap.strftime= %A, %w %D
     [end]

#    date_stdWrap.strftime= %D
    time_stdWrap.strftime= %H:%M
    age_stdWrap.age =  Minuten | Uren | Dagen | Jaren
  }
  displayLatest {
    date_stdWrap.strftime= %d.%m.%y
    time_stdWrap.strftime= %H:%M
  }
  displayList {
    date_stdWrap.strftime= %A %d. %B %Y
    time_stdWrap.strftime= %d.%m.%y %H:%M
  }
}
[global]

I'm not allowed to install the language packs on the server itself so I'm
trying to 'bypass' the standard English-weekday name (%A) for the languages
defined in my site.
If I can just access the 'weekday output' so to speak, and based on that
select a value for my variable, it should work fine.

Anyone have any idea how to do this ?