[TYPO3-english] Why to use Typo3 user management system and not your own?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Aug 28 19:11:04 CEST 2009

Alina,

I tried to understand your story,

and as far as I underatnd it is that some third party developer
create a TYPO3 extension that does user management there own way...

If that is the case, then this is rather odd, they could just aswell
extend
the fe_users table, or create there own table sets and join against
that.

Your arguments against that third party extension seems valid to me,
but unless they have a REALLY good reason this sounds
like plain stupid.
The argument they gave " to avoid possible problems caused by third
parties extensions"
doesn't sound valid to me. and I think the majority of the TYPO3
developers
never created a additional table to 'avoid possible foo/bar"

So, A agree with your doubts and thoughts in this.

Ries