[TYPO3-english] editpanel "caching" new content on submit (+ tt_news)

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 03:14:50 CEST 2009

Hi there,

On 25-Aug-09, at 5:30 PM, Darko Jr. Gonzalez wrote:

> Hey there
>

>>> How do I prevent this form caching?
>>>
>>> I am doing frontend editing with a BE admin user.
>>>
>>> If I just reload by typing the url in another tab in the same
>>> browser and
>>> hit enter, I get to see the new content, but another is not added.
>>>
>>> When I delete, it automatically reflects back the changes and I
>>> see it
>>> deleted.
>>>
>>> How do I prevent this behaviour with F5?
>>

>> Your browser is resubmitting the form contents when you reload. As
>> far
>> as I know, this is an entirely standard browser behaviour. Firefox
>> and
>> Safari at least prompt the user to see if they mean to do this. E.g.
>> Firefox' message:
>>
>> Confirm
>>
>> To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat
>> any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was
>> performed
>> earlier.
>>
>> Cancel Resend
>>

> Yep, thought that there maybe something that I am missing, and TYPO3
> has a
> mechanism to force it to clear the browser cache of the form. What
> do you
> think?

Without doing a deep investigation, I'd guess that the only way to
accomplish this is for the page that the form posts to to redirect to
itself or another page after processing the post (i.e. the page you
eventually arrive at must not have been reached directly by a POST
request).

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/