[TYPO3-english] FE editing in TYPO3 4.3.0 alpha3?

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Mon Aug 24 21:47:34 CEST 2009

Hello Rupert,

I can't find 'feeditadvanced' in TER? And with 'feedit' you mean Jeff
Segar's system extension in TYPO3 4.3.0(alpha3)?

If both can only be used by BE users I have a problem. I'm looking for FE-
edit possibility for FE-users.

Specifically I'm looking for an extension where FE users can post / edit
tt_news records (with images also).
I tried news_feedit (0.1.4) + mth_feedit (0.4.2) on a TYPO3 v4.2.6 and
tt_news 2.5.2. But the edit form was quite problematic:
- posting images didn't function
- rtehtmlarea (1.7.11) didn't render ok (buttons missing, form fields
jumping,...). Looked better when explicitly copying rtehtmlarea CSS in my
CSS file. But even then I had to CSS strip-out stuff to make the form
look a little bit ok.

Rupert, what would you advise for this? Which extension looks most
interesting for this? Also with tt_news 3.0 perspective in mind.

Secondly, rtehtmlarea rendering problem was similar for FE-edit in
calender base.

In both FE cases (news and calendar) the usability experience for FE
users was rather far from optimal. I wonder how this can be. I know that
some people don't like these discussions, but for example in Drupal you
don't encounter these kinds of usability / rendering problems. Forms for
posting content function flawlessly and in a more intuitive way.
- Do other people have better experiences with other TYPO3 setups (for
the same functionality of course)? I'd like to know about it.
- Are there teams working on this? If I can help with describing issues
in detail or testing I would gladly do it.

Greetings to all,
Frank