[TYPO3-english] Error requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Aug 21 13:25:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

Part of my website is protected and only shown once logged-in. This part is mounted. When I try to access a page that is protected I get this error:

-----------
Error!

The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root!

(MP value remain!)

Question 1: who knows how to redirect to some page instead of showing this message? (the login page in my case)

Question 2: is there some built-in mechanism to show the login form when trying to access a protected page and then automatically redirect to it once logged in? If so and if there is nothing special
to do, why isn't it working with mount point? known issue?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en