[TYPO3-english] [Direct Mail] How to send out multilingual newsletters, can it be done ?

René van Densen statusnil at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:09:45 CEST 2009

Olivier, thanks for the advice. It actually put me on a track to bypass it
altogether.
When subscribing, I already had the query that inserted new users, insert
the language value into the unused 'country' field. (So for instance, all
users registering from the Dutch version of the page had 'nl' in their
Country field). I now simply created three recipients' lists with custom
query, and had the query look for these values. So now I have three
recipients' lists (EN, FR, NL).
As long as a newsletter is created for each of them, this will work.

It's a shame though, that the multilingual bit isn't implemented into
DirectMail. Would have made everything a whole lot easier !

Thanks,

René van Densen

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Olivier Dobberkau <olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de