[TYPO3-english] How do I deactivate ext:comments -> requireApproval?

Ulrik H. Kold uk at oerskov.dk
Tue Aug 18 14:59:53 CEST 2009

Hi again,

I try to use ext:comments as a comment extension together with tt_news
as a blog - but I cannot get the comments to show up right away, as they
would with most regular blogs.

I have tried all combinations for the boolean parameter requireApproval
(0 or 1), which I would think is the right place to look (both according
to several newsgroups, blog entries and the manual).

That is, I set the following constant:

## Approval is disabled and should allow instant comments
plugin.tx_comments_pi1.requireApproval = 0

Is there a good explanation why I always get the same result:

A new unapproved comment in the backend and the following message in FE:
-----
Notice: your message has been recorded and will appear as soon as it is
approved by moderator.
-----

I even disabled checkTypicalSpam (checkTypicalSpam = 0) - but to no avail.

Is there a combination of different settings for ext:comments I am not
setting correctly?

--

Ulrik H. Kold
Ørskov Web - http://www.oerskovweb.dk