[TYPO3-english] problem with rendering content from RTE field

Tomaz Zaman tomaz at optiss.si
Mon Aug 17 00:34:31 CEST 2009

Hey, I am writing a custom frontend plugin for displaying a list of
items. I used some code for Dmitry's book, particulary the part when
assigning markers from $TCA. Now what i have a problem with is, if i
change a field type from plain textarea to RTE. While in the BE
everything seems fine, i can edit and add records normally, in the FE my
records get displayed strangely, no html is parsed, i can see tags, so
instead of seing a list i see bunch of <li> tags.

I tried several options, like:
description_stdWrap {
   HTMLparser = 1
   parseFunc < lib.parseFunc_RTE
}

(field's title is 'description')

but with no success.

I have this in my tca.php file in 'types[0]' array (next to other
things, of course):

description;;;richtext[]:rte_transform[mode=ts_css]

The code i assign the marker is this (copied from Dmitry's book):

$subMarkers['###FIELD_' . strtoupper($field) . '###'] =
$cObj->stdWrap(htmlspecialchars($value), $this->conf['listView.'][$field
. '_stdWrap.']);

I even tried to wrap the cObj into this->pi_RTEcssText(); but still nothing.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Tomaz Zaman

PS: i have no problems with other fields, just this one which has RTE
enabled.