[TYPO3-english] RTE won't work after Typo3 update to version 4.2.8

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at muenchen.de
Wed Aug 12 10:21:56 CEST 2009

Hi list,
1) as reported earlier [1], I had some trouble with an old version of
Typo3 (4.1.2) and RTE when using the new firefox 3.0.10. I got the tip
to update the Typo3 installation and
updated to 4.2.8 which worked without trouble (using the install tool).
The update seemed to be successful, but when trying to edit an article
with the RTE, the following error message appeared instead of the RTE:

"
*Warning*:
t3lib_div::require_once(/www/vhosts/www.muenchenfuerklimaschutz.de/htdocs/cms/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/extensions/DefaultInline/class.tx_rtehtmlarea_defaultinline.php)
[function.t3lib-div-require-once
<http://www.muenchenfuerklimaschutz.de/cms/typo3/function.t3lib-div-require-once>]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
*/usr/local/typo3/428/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php* on line *4694*

*Fatal error*: t3lib_div::require_once() [function.require
<http://www.muenchenfuerklimaschutz.de/cms/typo3/function.require>]:
Failed opening required
'/www/vhosts/www.muenchenfuerklimaschutz.de/htdocs/cms/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/extensions/DefaultInline/class.tx_rtehtmlarea_defaultinline.php'
(include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/local/php/525/lib/php:/www/vhosts/www.muenchenfuerklimaschutz.de/htdocs/cms/typo3conf/ext/cal/res/PEAR/')
in */usr/local/typo3/428/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php* on line *4694"

2) Dmitry gave me the hint to search for a file called "
class.tx_rtehtmlarea_defaultinline.php"

3) I was able to find a file called "class.tx_rtehtmlarea_defaultinline" (without file extension .php). Therefore, I copied that file and renamed it "class.tx_rtehtmlarea_defaultinline.php"

4) Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. The error message still appears.

Any further ideas how to solve this issue would be great. Maybe the upgrade to 4.2.8 was too ambitious? I am at a loss, I fear.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

--

	*Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
uw11.rgu at muenchen.de
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm