[TYPO3-english] TS-Problem: Empty select if FCE is a reference

Andre Dittmar typo3 at hotbytes.de
Tue Aug 11 11:20:04 CEST 2009

Dear List,

I'm using the abstract of the page properties as content in a FCE-
Element in the field "field_text". A existing abstract may be
overwritten by user input in this field. Everything working fine so
far, excepting when I make a reference of the FCE-Element. The content
of field "field_headline" will still be shown in the frontend
correctly, but the abstract of the "field_text" is missing. The
content of "field_text" works, if the content is entered directly in
the original FCE (and so overwrites the abstract from page
properties). The field "field_headlink" is a "Link"-Element, thus it
contents the Page-ID of a selected page.

I guess the problem is, that "field_headlink" is empty in the
reference-Element and therefore the select of the CONTENT-Object
returns nothing. The question is now how to optimize this part? I have
no clue at the moment how to handle this in a alternative way?

I happy for any clues and ideas!

Best regards,
Andre

##
# Relevant parts of the FCE's Datastructure:
#

// Typoscript of the field "field_headline"
<TypoScript><![CDATA[
	10 = TEXT
	10 {
	  current = 1
	  typolink {
	    parameter.field = field_headlink
	    additionalParams = &DSCext.nav_type={$TSconst.content}
	    insertData = 1
	  }
	  stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
	}
]]></TypoScript>

// Typoscript of the field "field_text"
<TypoScript><![CDATA[
	10 = TEXT
	10.current = 1
	10.ifEmpty.cObject = CONTENT
	10.ifEmpty.cObject {
	  table = pages
	  select {
	    where = hidden=0 AND deleted=0
	    andWhere {
	      dataWrap = pages.uid={field:field_headlink}
	    }
	  }
	  renderObj = COA
	  renderObj {