[TYPO3-english] Part of image as background in GMENU

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 10 17:43:54 CEST 2009

Hi Søren,

One way to do that is by using the files/media field in the page properties of
the pages that are displayed in the GMENU. In your GMENU typoscript you add
something like this:

lib.nav.1 = GMENU
lib.nav.1 {
   wrap = <ul>|</ul>
   NO {
     wrap = <li>|</li>
     XY = 140,26
     10 = IMAGE
     10 {
       file.import = uploads/media/
       file.import.field = media
       file.import.listNum = 1
     }
     20 = TEXT
     20 {
       text.field = title
       fontFile = fileadmin/verdana.ttf
       fontColor = #c00022
       fontSize = 17
       offset = 0,18
       align = center
       niceText = 1
     }
   }
}

I haven't tested, but something like this should show your background images
taken from the page properties of those pages, with the menu item text printed
on top.

Hth,
Loek