[TYPO3-english] Archiving news

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sat Aug 8 10:15:55 CEST 2009

Pero Matic pisze:
> Hi. I have a following structure. There are 10 news on a page (LIST). When
> 11th news appear on a page the last one should go to archive. Is this
> possible to do? This way i wouldn't need to set archivedate for news. Maybe
> the solution is to use LIST mode starting from 11th record for archive
> rather then archive itself? Thx!

Are you going to use archive links at all ? if yes set the
auto-archiving after few minutes or hours (f.e.:
datetimeMinutesToArchive tt_news ref), you'll get all news archived at
the (almost) creation...

For lists:
In LIST view set the limit to 10 (you did it yet right?) and in the
plugin left the default value for displaying the archived items (which
now is set to: Do not care (show all)...

in LIST view for archived items set displaying the news from the 11-th
item, also with no carry about the archive state...

In other words you don't need to use archiving for limiting and starting
the news lists

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)