[TYPO3-english] Include script in backend head

Walrick lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Sat Aug 8 09:31:45 CEST 2009

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> These kind of discussions always tend to go like "they" (the people who
> build the project) have to make this so "we" can use it. TYPO3 is a
> community product, so there is only "we".

Well, in a way there is a they, which is the TYPO3 association. But of
course the success of TYPO3 as a whole, including extensions, is due the
the community as a whole and not just the association.

>> And simply saying: "write it yourself" is too easy.
>
> There is one thing even easier: complain and do nothing about it.

I'm not so much complaining as stating something. Personally I don't
need up-to-date beginners documentation anymore, as I've moved beyond that.

I was mainly noting that the fact that someone considering to use TYPO3
can see that some of the first documentation (s)he needs is fairly old
seems like bad marketing to me, which is in my opinion an issue for the
association to address. Of course if some other community member is
willing to take this up, that is great, but if not (as seems to be the
case) I think the association ought to take steps to ensure that it is
done. "Ought to" doesn't mean I'm demanding it or anything like that.
But I would think the image TYPO3 presents to potential new users is one
of their concerns.

I myself don't have the time (or rather the energy) at the moment to do
write such documentation. I have similar tasks to do for our own
organization and these are already taking more time than they should.

By the way: I do appreciate all the work that IS being done by the
association and the community. And try to do my (all be it small) part
by occasionaly answering questions on some of the lists.

Regards,

Walrick

--
webmaster Global Healing Circle