[TYPO3-english] How to modify localized language strings in ext ratings?

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 7 18:28:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

I installed the extension ratings and would like to be able to override some of
the localized language strings (for German language in this case). Normally I
would just add some TS like this:

plugin.tx_ratings_pi1 {
	_LOCAL_LANG.de {
		api_not_rated = Neue Text
	}
}

But in this extension the locallang.xml that contains these strings is not in
the pi1 directory, but in the root dir of the extension, and this typoscript
doesn't work here.

The German translations are in typo3conf/l10n/de/ratings/de.locallang.xml
Of course I could modify that file, but it would get overwritten with a new
update from the language server.

What would be the best way to change those strings?

Thanks,
Loek