[TYPO3-english] Extension webkitpdf, can't get it to work

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 7 13:43:22 CEST 2009

Hi Reinhard,

I've got it working on a test server, but it didn't work out of the box.
Debugging the parameters for the script execution didn't help, but I found
what's wrong by running the script with those parameters from the command line.

Apparently wkhtmltopdf has a few dependencies. On my test server I had to
install quot (sudo apt-get install quota) to make it work.

On the live-server it ran into a GLIBC which is too old (v2.4.0 required).

Maybe you can mention these requirements in the manual and suggest that people
run the script from the command line to see what errors it may give.
Finally, the manual should mention that you have to make the script executable.

Anyway, the result is astounding, by far the best pdf rendering from html that
is available!

Thanks,
Loek